A “confusing” statement by Messi about his participation in the 2026 World Cup

Messi

 Argentine star Lionel Messi raised speculation about his possible participation in the 2026 World Cup, after he made a "confusing" statement in an interview he gave to an Argentine newspaper. In an interview with the "Ole" newspaper, Messi answered a question about the possibility of his participation in the Copa America and the 2026 World Cup, saying: "I do not know, but I said previously that age makes it difficult to catch up with that tournament."

He added, "I love playing football, and whenever I am fit to play, I will continue to enjoy the game, but there is still a lot to do until the 2026 World Cup." And the Paris Saint-Germain star previously announced that, in an interview with the Argentine “Star Plus” network, that the Qatar World Cup 2022 will witness his last appearance in the World Cup competitions.

At the time, Messi said about his last appearance in the World Cup: “The 2022 tournament will be my last participation in the World Cup tournaments. The decision has already been made.” And last December, the Argentine legend confirmed that his football career was about to end after he finally lifted the long-awaited trophy and carried the burden of not winning it throughout his career to rise to the ranks of Diego Maradona.

The 35-year-old, who won the Best Player award at the World Cup in Qatar, said in an interview with an Argentine channel, "It is clear that I want to end my career with this title. I cannot ask for more. My career is nearing the end because these are my last years."

Post a Comment

0 Comments